Saturday, May 12, 2012

And then they were gone...almost


This morning I came out to find only this little guy left. 

His siblings have left the nest and are no where to be found.  They will continue to live on
the ground until their wings grow fully in.  The male cardinal will take over the feeding
and caring of the babies while the female goes off to build her next nest.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments about the babies. 
I'm glad you've enjoyed watching them grow each day as much as I have.

10 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How lovely for you to have such an experience, and thank you for sharing it with all of us.

sunny said...

Thank you for the daily pictures! I can't believe how fast they turn into real birds.

Dj said...

As a nest watcher myself, thank you so much for sharing. I have enjoyed watching them grow.

http://www.mnbound.com/live-eagle-cam/
http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow! Look at that! Amazing! Thanks for the photo's! Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Awe, seems so fast! =) Have enjoyed your pictures, even though I haven't had much time to leave comments. =)

Kaaren said...

Safe flight, little guy.

This was a wonderful lesson, Monica. I'm sure happy you could capture all of it on camera and share it with us.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Que pena...mas como ficar com eles?Eles nasceram para voar e agora só me resta agradecer a você,por ter tanto carinho,e compartilhar momentos sublimes.Será que teremos fotos amanhã?Feliz dia das Mães.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

They grow up so fast! It was fun following their brief stay in the next.

Phyllis said...

This was a great thing to watch! The poor thing looks a little lost, don't you think... empty nest syndrome..:-)) ??
And that on Mother's Day (well, it is here in The Netherlands)
Thanks for sharing this with us, I enjoyed it so much!

Talin's Corner said...

It is amazing how fast they grow.