Monday, August 3, 2009

Helping a friend

Today I am starting on a new embroidery. A week or so ago my friend Donna came to me for help. She was asked to make five quilt blocks for some annual conference with her Eastern Star group. The block could be anything I wanted but it had to have certain written information on it. I immediately thought embroidery. After designing a few different embroidery blocks using Microsoft Publisher, we settled on the design below. The design is 8" square. I got the Texas and bluebonnets from a quilt pattern we saw in a quilt shop. For the colors I wanted to keep it fairly simple...two greens, four blues, grey, black, and red.

I am pleased so far with the results. With any luck I'll be done by the end of the week with all five of them and then I can start on my next project...a snowman tree skirt.

Hi ho hi ho...its off to embroider i go!

No comments: