Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Bag!

Last week's bag was so much fun to make that I made another one yesterday and have a third one almost complete. I gave the first bag to a wonderful quilting friend of mine named Mazelle. She turns 75 at the end of this month. She is one of the neatest ladies I've ever known and has sort of become my second mom.


Oh...also last week I learned how to make Cathedral Windows. That was really cool! Mazelle showed me the basics. I love handwork so this should be fun. I haven't gotten to the adding the color squares yet but hopefully at retreat I will get the chance.

I have tons of other projects I want to work on right now but I'm saving them for a quilt retreat I am attending this month. I know I'll never finish all the projects I'm taking but maybe I'll at least make some progress on each of them.

Last Friday afternoon I picked fabrics for the Portobello Market quilt. Since the original fabrics cannot be ordered again, I have chosen some wonderful reproduction prints. I can't wait to return from retreat and begin working on it. As soon as I can finish it, classes will be scheduled.


No comments: