Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Supper Quilt


Last week while attending a small quilt show in Fort Worth, I had the pleasure of seeing The Supper Quilt.  I had heard about it many times so when I heard it was going to be nearby I jumped at the chance to see it.  It has to be the most amazing quilt I've ever viewed.  Here are a few details about the quilt...
  • 183" x 67"
  • 51,816 pieces - 1/2" FINISHED
  • Over 350 fabrics were used.
  • Made by Don Locke, DDS of Waxahachie, TX
  • This was Don's SECOND quilt EVER!
  • It took Don two and a half years to complete.
  • The Supper Quilt has traveled to 34 US states and 6 countries...most recently Ireland.
Here are a couple closer shots...




For information on where Don's quilt will be next (or to book
your own visit) you can visit his website The Supper.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Lucky duck! I would love to see this in real life. :)