Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hello Again!

I am still alive and kickin'.  I swear.  It's just sometimes the thought of blogging just seems like too much darn work.  But I'm here and now and I'm happy to report that I've been sewing up a storm.  Some things I can share with you and some not just yet.

In the past week, I've finished six WIP/UFO's, attached the binding to six quilts, and finished the binding on two of them.  And I managed to work on a few "secret" projects. 

So...wanna see what I've been up to?  First up... here's my Kaffe Japanese Chrysanthemum One Block Wonder. 


I must have played with the layout of this darn quilt for close to two weeks before finishing it up this week. My dear friend Donna was kind enough to do a rush quilting on it and I finished the binding Sunday night.

Next up is a little quilt I started probably two years ago and just never got around to finishing it.  Which is really sad because it was 90% done and just needed a little more blanket stitching.  The pattern is from one of Kim Diehl's books...which one I can't remember at the moment. 



Here's my version of the granny square craze which I started a few weeks ago.  The blocks were made using 1 1/2" squares.  After they were all done I wasn't terribly pleased with them so they sat around for a while.  But not wanting them to become another UFO I forced myself to finish the project and now I'm glad I did because I think it's kinda cute.  I call it my "Olive Oil" quilt. I imagine that the fabrics used came from her old dresses...dorky I know.



Wasn't Rooibos (below) part of Pink Pincushion's Year of Small Projects last year?  That's how long this one has been sitting around.  And all that it needed done to it?  Trim it down to size and add the already pieced border! 

*hanging my head in shame*



Here's a quilt top I made from 10" squares.  What did this one need?  Borders...that's all.  I really really really HATE sewing on borders.  But hey...it's done now!



And finally...my Ocean Waves quilt top is completed!!!  I am beyond thrilled to have this one done.  The half square triangles finish at 1 3/4".  While it doesn't have as many pieces as my Elizabeth Crockett quilt, it has a respectable 2,951 pieces.  Now all I need to do is find someone up for the challenge of custom quilting it.


Now I'm off to bed because my husband just informed me it's almost 3 AM.  Tomorrow's plan?  BINDING!



P.S.  In my absence my blog has turned 3 so in honor of that I'll post a new giveaway in the next day or two...or three...LOL.





14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

No wonder you were missing! Such wonderful quilts, but really love the Kaffe - oh, how pretty.

antique quilter said...

wow sewing up a storm OMG I love your ocean wave quilt on my list of quilts to make someday!!!!, love your projects ah yes I have quite a few bindings to put on as well.....
congrats on 3 years of blogging!
Kathie

Angie Burrett said...

You have put me to shame, all those fabulous finishes! Well done, your halo is shining - I hate sewing bindings too - it always seems such a long way round the back of a quilt - but worth it for the pride in the end result!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Wondeful work! The Ocean Wave is awe inspiring and the Olive Oil Quilt I just plain fun. Those are my favorites but all the quilts are great. Thanks for the quilt show today. :)

beaquilter said...

great quilts! I love the one block wonder quilt, they are always fun, haven't made one in a while.... I like the others as well :-)

Lynette said...

Woohoo!!! Way to go, Lady!! What a fantastically productive week you had. :D These are terrific quilts, too. I think your Ocean Waves is my favorite. SO much work, and such a pretty scrappy look. Very successful. You should be feeling super good about your week!

Vickie said...

So many beautiful quilts!!! Congratulations on your finishes, you are inspiring.

Yvette said...

WOW!
It looks like you have been busy. Great finishes!!

Darlene said...

My goodness, you've been a very busy woman! Love everything and can't wait to see the next pile of goodies. Hurry back! LOL

Heartsdesire said...

Wow! I'm out of breath just looking at all these quilts. You have certainly been a very busy girl. But doesn't it feel wonderful to have finished so many. Your Granny Square quilt is so cute, and I love the name.

Kristi said...

loved looking at your quilts...great job!

QuiltNut Creations said...

congrats on all your finishes! I LOVE your Olive Oil quilt! And the circular one? Fabulous!!

Sinta Renee said...

Your Granny Squares are gorgeous!!! But so are all of your other projects! I don't think that one was in A Year of Small projects... unless it was a free choice month. :)

Annette said...

Wow, your Ocean Waves quilt is amazing!