Monday, January 9, 2012

Not a whole lot going on...

My machine has been very quiet lately...and it's killing me.  I'd like to be sewing but at the moment my quilting room looks like I've been ransacked. 



We are packing up to move into a new house.  So I've been busy going through everything deciding what is going to stay and what is going to go.  One thing I'm learning is that I have WAY TOO MANY unfinished projects laying around.  And there is not enough ending up in the 'go away' as I had hoped.  I want to get rid of a lot of these UFO's but I can't see the point in just throwing them in the trash because really...who would want them?

Anyway.  I did manage to turn on my machine yesterday and finish off an embroidery I did quite a while back.  I thought I had lost it but found it buried in the closet.  I think I'm going to make a pillow out of it...after the move that is.



Here's a copy of the pattern from Needle Crafter if you feel like doing one too.


8 comments:

Betty said...

Please don't trow out the UFO, donate them to your local quilt guilt, to make charity quilts with.
Our guilds makes and donates about 250 charity quilts a year.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

"Who would want them?" Me!! You do such beautiful work, I would happily take your UFO and finish it! :-) Good luck with your move!

Dresden Quilter said...

It is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Awe, sorry you can't sew yet...but don't throw anything away...someone would definitely want your beautiful work...and there are always charities! There are some here who make quilts for homes, etc.

I love your embroidery. Very pretty!

Talin's Corner said...

Oh, I think people might want them. I would donate them to local quilt guilds. They usually find a way to finish and donate to needy organizations. Or host a giveaway, you just never know...

Deanna said...

Amazing stitchery! Thank you for sharing the pattern. And, when it comes to your UFOs you might be surprised at the market for them. You could list them in groups and offer to send them to people for the cost of postage. I use other people's UFOs to finish for various charity causes.

Grethe said...

Lovely stitchery! UFOs might be popular at local quilt guilds:-)Good luck with moving and tidying. And Happy New Year to you with lots of quiliting!

Fleurette said...

Thanks for the pattern! good luck with the packing.