Monday, August 9, 2010

Another day, another bowl

Yesterday evening after finishing and posting about the the baby quilt from the previous post I decided that my sewing bug wasn't done yet.  So I pulled out my strips and clothesline again to make another bowl. 

It never ceases to amaze me how fast these bowls are made!  This about 4 hours of worth of work.  The bowl is approximately 9 1/2" in diameter and just over 5" tall.  I just kept coiling till I ran out of line and that's where I stopped.  Here are some other shots of the bowl.




Here's a trivet I made after seeing a photo of someone else's on Flickr.


Cool beans...yeah?!

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Now, that's a bowl I could really put to use! I love the trivet, too!

Linda said...

Oh, both are lovely. Does this take long to do? Is it hard on your machine or hands? I like the way they both look. I'm going to have to get the book, I think...Another project on the list!