Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Report

I didn't get a whole lot done.  *hangs head in shame*

It was a lazy weekend and we finally enjoyed some RAIN!  I think we got 2 inches at final count.  Normally by this time of year we have had around 6 inches.  So any rain right now is good rain.

Saturday I managed to work on two projects that I hadn't even planned to make.  The first one is a little quilt from the leftovers from my Witch's Boot.  I am making it for a friend for her birthday.  Right now its only 20" square.  I'm thinking it needs a small 1" beige border followed by a 1/2" orange and a 3" black border to finish it off.



Then from leftover ends from all the 60 degree triangles I've been cutting, I made this little 16" top.  I am thinking a premie quilt maybe.  The ends had so much left that it just seemed a waste to throw them away.



I don't know what it is but I just didn't feel like working on anything else this weekend.  And it's not like I don't have stuff to work on.  I have sample quilts and swap blocks that need to be completed.  My lack of "git r dun" attitude might have something to do with the state of my quilting room  I think.  It looks like it's been ransacked.  Which means its probably time to do a little tidying up.  But that'll have to wait till after I get back from quilt retreat this weekend.

9 comments:

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

I don't know, I would say you accomplished all that you needed to for the weekend. Sometimes, being lazy is what our bodies really need. Besides if you are going to a quilting retreat - you are needing the rest! If your retreats are like the ones I go to, there is a ton of sewing and not too much sleeping!!
Cheers,
Carolyn

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Adorable little quilts! Weekends are for resting up~ and it sounds like you needed a little rest before a big retreat. :-) Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Love them both, beautiful burned orange fabrics in the first one.
Hope you find your Mojo again soon.

Julia said...

Love both quilts...It's Ok to not feel like doing anythng sometimes...Hope you find your Mojo again soon.

julieQ said...

What a gorgeous orange yummy quilt!!

Yvette said...

You never disappoint in your projects. I love both of them! I bought that witches boot pattern and background fabric. Thanks for the inspiration.

Darlene said...

Love both quilts - I think you were very productive.

BTW, what's rain? LOL

Lori said...

Both little quilts are so cute! Sometimes thats all we need to do is a little quilt and get the feeling of accomplishment.
Cleaning the sewing room will give me the same feeling but it isn't as fun! LOL

Jan said...

Wow - I love them both!