Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Report

I've been busy busy busy!  I wish I could say it was all quilting but that's not how life really work.  Is it?

On Friday, I spent the day with my very good friend doing a little shop hopping around North Texas.  We hit some of my all-time favorite shops and I came home with some great finds! 



Fat quarter is yellows and green for a quilt I have designed that I'm calling
The Farm Around the Corner.  I'll share more about that at a later date.



...and Betsy Chutchian's new book along with a new Halloween pattern!
Betsy is doing a book signing next Saturday in Fort Worth.  Wouldn't that
be a great birthday giveaway for next month?!


Saturday morning and afternoon was spent cleaning and folding laundry so no quilting then either.  Wouldn't it be great if houses were self-cleaning just like ovens?

Now that I'm sitting here thinking about my weekend.  I don't think I turned on my sewing maching all weekend.  On Sunday afternoon I did manage to spend some time working on Which Witch's Boot.  I didn't get a whole lot accomplished on it but such is life.  Here's where I'm at as of right now.


After the completion of the boot I have just two more motifs to stitch and then it's on to completing the top and quilting it.  I can't wait to see this one done!  I'm hoping to work on it some more this evening.

Here are a couple mini quilts that I'm working on at the moment.  Both designs are from Lori Smith's Fat Quarter Quilting series.  Each one measures approximately 16x20.


The first one is ready to be quilted.  And the second just needs a little machine applique at the top and then its ready to be quilted also.  I really like how both of them turned out.


See y'all on Wednesday to annouce the winner of my Followers Giveaway...if not sooner.

Till next time...

13 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love those yellows and greens! Cute stitchery.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty fabrics! I went on a little quilt fabric shopping jaunt this morning... so much fun! My machine and I are becoming friends again!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh my! You have been busy! I wish laundry did itself! lol :-) Hubby helps with vacuuming so no complaints from me there. ;-) I love your little quilts! I believe I have one of her patterns~ oh you are so tempting!! :-o Love, love the boot! Have a great afternoon!

Loris said...

Well, your weekend sounded pretty productive even if it didn't involve our favorite machine. Love what you found shopping. I'm not into Halloween much but that Blackbird Design quilt is really sweet. Also love the little quilt 'almost' finishes. Both are beautiful!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Great fabrics!! Your stitchery is looking wonderful :)

Gill said...

I'm loving yellows at the moment and I have so few in my stash! I feel a shopping trip coming on!!

Lynette said...

ooo - *LOVE* the boot!

Sinta Renee said...

i LOVE what you have been doing! The embroidery is so fun. That book really looks interesting... I need a peak inside:)

Yvette said...

Great haul! I love those greens and yellows. The mini quilts are adorable too, I need to make a few for myself.

Anonymous said...

Love the green and yellow fat quarters you picked out.

And the mini quilts are beautiful. I especially like the one of the right.

Lori said...

I love the yellows and greens- you are such a tease! I look forward to seeing your design.

Your LoriS quilts are fantastic!!

Anne said...

Love those mini quilts! Can't wait to see your witch's foot stitchery project completed.

Monica at Buttoncounter said...

I love making Lori Smith's little quilts! Yours are fabulous! Especially the Breath of Avignon one.

-another Monica Quilter in Texas :)