Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back and Rested

Is it just me or does going to a quilt retreat wear you out too? 

I am guessing that going to bed at 2 AM and getting up at 8 AM every day might have something to do with it.  Upon arriving home Sunday afternoon, I fell into a nap induced coma for a few hours.  And Monday wasn't any better.  I was up at 8 and taking a nap by Noon.

I wish I could say that my exhaustion was due to accomplishing a lot but alas...I can't.  I spent most of my time working this and that, eating lots of good food, laughing with friends, and just being an all around laze about.

Here are a few of things I did manage to work on during my three and a half days away.


This little quilt is made from two Tula Pink charm packs,
a bit of background and CS Designs' Lil' Twister tool.



I worked a little on my redwork basket.



I participated in a jelly roll race...and didn't win.
I probably should have pressed this before sharing...ya think?



I decided on the star layout for the triangles in my last post. 
It was first and favorite layout.  I can't wait to see this one finished.


I also managed to work some more on my spiderweb quilt but somehow managed NOT to take a photo.  How does that happen?  Too many distractions I guess.  Here are a few photos of what some of the other ladies were working on.  


Lee's Cheese & Crackers quilt


Jamie's sunflower quilt



and Jamie's tablerunner


Mazelle's


Connie's Silent Auction quilt for our upcoming quilt show



And Connie's work in progress



Debbie's Christmas quilt...soooooo cool!



Amanda's work in progress
Amanda was the baby of the group at almost 20 years old. 
She designed this at retreat and used a jelly roll to make it.



And finally...Linda's Ohio Stars from
History Repeated by Betsy Chutchian and Carol Staehle.


Well that's all I have for y'all today.  I'm off to machine quilt a couple projects.  See you tomorrow...hopefully!

11 comments:

Yvette said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Love your projects.
The Jelly Roll race sounds fun, I would lose for sure.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Welcome back!! I didn't realize the newsprint was fabric for your triangles~ very cool! Love all the projects. Are you making up the redwork as you go along? Have a happy day!

Darlene said...

I'm always exhausted when I return from retreats. Takes me forever to recover. LOL

I think you were very productive. Love the redwork basket - very cute.

Karen said...

Such a sweet little redwork basket project.

I have not been to a quite retreat in quite some time but remember the late nights well. Must have been loads of fun for you.

Irina said...

They are all amazing!
Where could I find the pattern for your first quilt? I have two Kona solid charm packs and I'm trying to find some patterns to use them. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm oooing from all the eye candy! I want to comment on the Twister, the stitchery, the Carolina Lily....the list goes on....oooooo! I'm so glad there is blogging so we can sneak peeks into others quilting lifes.

Carol said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time...what great projects...no time to sleep at a retreat...

Jen BK said...

Love that star layout with the newsprint and of course, I love the redwork. I'm back at school so I'll be quilting vicariously through you (and others) keep me busy and inspired please!

Talin's Corner said...

Love your star quilt. Looks like you were not sitting idle. I guess we all do he same thing, go to bed really late and wake up really early to sew.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Come out! Come out! Wherever you are!! :-)))

Tammy said...

It does appear you got more accomplished that you give yourself credit for. I love your redwork. Where can I get the pattern for that cute little basket? Thanks for sharing!