Monday, June 14, 2010

I bet...

you thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth.

I'ts been almost a month since my last post.  Lots of non-quilty things not worth mentioning have been occupying my time lately.  But one thing worth mentioning is my new quilting partner/supervisor.  Meet Odin, or as we like to call him...Odie.  Here he is peacefully napping under the desk in my studio.


Cute you say?  Here's a pic of what he's like most of the time...right in the middle of all the action.  Here he is inspecting my sewing machine to make sure its in good working order.


I feel guilty not having any quilty stuff to share.  I have a few things in the works but progress has been slow.  I am in the beginning stages of making the Elizabeth Crockett quilt as seen here on the cover of Scraps of Life by Helen Ogden Widener.  This quilt is historically connected to the area I live as nearby is the final resting place of Ms. Crockett.  It now resides at the Alamo but is not on display due to the fragility of it.


My version has 88 fabrics in total. All the strips are cut and the color groups for the 30 blocks decided...so now I just need to start sewing. I have one block completed but no picture to share...sorry. I'll post a picture of the next block, promise.  After this quilt is completed it will go up to the quilt shop for showing.  Kits will be available for sale and I think some big event is being planned at Ms. Crockett's memorial site regarding this book.

Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Odin aka Odie is adorable.

I'm anxious to see your new project.

And, by the way, it's really nice to 'see' you. You've stayed away way too long. :-)

Linda said...

Your cat is too cute. Welcome back.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Adorable is right! Love how he's keeping your machine company! :-)
That is going to be a gorgeous quilt! Can't wait to see your first blocks. ;-)

Kaaren said...

Odie is adorable. Typical kitty antics, huh?

I'd love to see more of the Crockett quilt and can't wait so tell Odie to move so you can get busy! *wink*

SheilaC said...

Odie is just the cutest kitty!! And looks like he wants to be a quilter when he grows up :)

SheilaC

Lisa said...

oh my goodness! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stinkin' adorable!!!
<3

Jen BK said...

Hey Monica....Odin is cute, but mostly I need to tell you that you are on my poop list for starting the Elizabeth Crockett quilt. I had picked up the book over and over, but was resisting it since I don't need another project and I don't need a project with small pieces. Then you had to go and bring the block in to the store....darn you!!!! I have one block finished and the second cut out (I'm using scraps so I'll pick them out one at a time). I posted a pic on my blog: ragamuffinmusing.blogspot.com