Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blocks 5 & 6...and a little retail therapy



They're really coming along, aren't they?

Yesterday I had the chance to stop by one of my favorite quilt shops, Country Stitches in Burleson, TX.  I was waiting to pick up Odin from the spay/neuter clinic and the shop just so happens to be in the same shopping center area.  They carry two of my favorite things...Civil War prints and Lori Smith patterns. 


Oh man!  I could have bought so much more...but I showed restraint and walked out with 8 fat quarters, 2 yards of pink, and one Lori Smith pattern.  The pink was an especially great find as it was on sale for $4 per yard.  Needless to say, I bought the last bit on the bolt.  I wish there had been more.

3 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great finds! :-) I love how your blocks are coming along! :-)

Carol said...

OMG I love your Crockett blocks...absolutely wonderful! I think that will have to go on my list. Great purchases...love Civil War fabric.

Karen said...

What quilt pattern are you using for the Crockett blocks. They are really nice.