Thursday, August 6, 2015

I'm calling it...

...Free Form Ice Dyeing. 
 
I  don't know what anyone else would call it but that's what I am going to.
 

The other day I want to try my hand at dyeing something that didn't require tyeing.  So with a scrap piece of fabric that was approximately 22" x 91", I started twisting and scrunching till I could fit it on my dyeing rack.  I then put ice on top of the fabric and sprinkled several of my favorite colors on followed by blue gray over the entire piece to soften and mute the brightness.

I am beyond thrilled with the results.  In hindsight my only regret is I wished the piece of fabric had been bigger.  Because I absolutely love it.

The big question now is what to do with it.  Before I dyed the piece I was thinking about making a bunting.  But now I'm not so sure.  A bag perhaps?

What would you make?

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I hae enjoyed watching your dyeing experiments. This one really appeals to me, although I'm not sure what I would make with them. I would have to sit and admire them for a long time before I could cut into them.

Liz Berry said...

It's beautiful and I think that a table runner with complementary colors would look great on the table at spring time.
I think you are doing great with your new adventure.

margaret said...

soem lovely fabric has come form the ice dyeing think maybe I will have a go but freezer full at the moment so cannot make any ice yet

Reclaimed wood dining tables said...

Beautiful! I love your work. Glad you're enjoying it!

Baa. xxx said...

Wow! Yes, a bag. As big as possible to show off all those lovely colours.