Wow...what a small change can impact dyeing results.
Below is a picture of one of two pieces I did yesterday. It came out as I had anticipated.
As the ice melted it dripped the color the way I'm used to seeing.
You will notice each color has stay mostly pure and blends only where it came in contact
with the color next to it. Here are a couple close up shots to see what I'm talking about.
And here is the second piece...
My jaw dropped when I opened this one!
Like I said before, both pieces were dyed with the exact same colors. The difference...besides the fact that they were folded differently...this one was dyed on an incline.
Here are some close up shots.
As you can see, dyeing on an incline allowed the colors to commingle
as they ran down the pieces to the bottom of the drain pan.
I am sooooo over the moon with these pieces!
The first piece is destined to be cut up to becoming butterfly wings for a large
applique project. It would also make some beautiful applique flowers!
As for the incline one...I'm not sure what I'll do with
it yet but the possibilities are endless!