Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Points and Petals & Priory Square

I could sit around and design quilts all day long.  Lately it seems I haven't had the time or felt the inclination to design.  I guess that's just how it goes though.  You just can't force creativity.
 
But finally...the other day I found sitting around itching to do something creative. And after a few minutes I came up with this idea.
 
 
The center block is a simplified version of Block Base #4060. 
 
 
 
And this is what it would look like as a quilt using the current setting blocks.
 
 
In the end I settled on the smaller design and immediately knew I wanted to make this into a pillow cover and I immediately knew what fabric I wanted to use...Priory Square by Katy Jones for Art Gallery Fabrics.
 
 
They are a perfect match for what I envisioned!
 
 
Here it is!  I'm calling it Priory Petals.

 
Priory Petals
20" x 20"

Since the center block was originally from Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns I assume it was meant to be pieced but I couldn't imagine doing that for this design.  So I turned it into an applique...so much easier.

I can't wait to quilt it.  Unfortunately it'll have to wait till I get back from Market!  Which reminds me...I need to start packing!  So I'm off to pack now.

Stay tuned for an after Market post.  And who knows maybe there will be a giveaway if I find something really cool worth sharing.

Till next time...

3 comments:

greeneggs said...

Lovely. That fabric is beautiful. I can't imagine how you would piece the central flower on that block. You sure are quick I. Going from an idea to a finished product!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cool pillow top. Have a great time at market!

audrey said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and pattern together.:)