Thursday, August 28, 2014

I"m making progress...

...on the flowering snowballs quilt!
 
 
As of last night I have 29 blocks done and enough cut to make 42.  I'm using templates for a 10" finished block.  I really like the way they're laid out right now, creating a light and dark pattern.  This one block has soooooo many design possibilities that it has me wanting to make more than one of these quilts.  I haven't decided on a finished size for this quilt yet but 60" x 70" seems like a good size.  But I think I'd rather finish it at 70" by 90" so it could fit at least on a full size bed.
 
I would HIGHLY recommend this pattern to anyone wanting to learn curved piecing.  It is incredibly beginner friendly and easy to piece together.  .As an added bonus, they go together quickly.
 
If you'd like to give this blocks a go, you can find the templates I used HERE
Just scroll down the page until you find the Flowering Snowball. 
They come in 8", 9" 10", and 12".
 

7 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I see this one in my future. I find curved blocks much more user friendly than straight seams. Bias is my best friend!

Heather said...

I keep trying to resist this one but I just love your blocks. I guess I am just going to have to order some templates! Lol

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I just love the colors!! And the light/dark play. Have fun!

Joanna @ Riddle and {Whimsy} said...

It's looking fab! Loving your colour choices with the pop of red in the corners!

beaquilter said...

Uhh, just LOVE this layout and color choices... did you use the Go! die?

audrey said...

Yours is wonderful! Love those blues with the curved piecing! Makes me want to get back to piecing mine together.:)

Elizabeth said...

I fell in love .........

with your flowering snowballs!!!

WOW, I want to make it too!!!!