Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Seashell Hunting

Summer in Florida is the pits.  Anyone who has ever been here in the summertime knows how warm and humid it can get.  It keeps me indoors most of the summer because there's nothing worse than feeling hot and sticky...and that's just from stepping out the door and standing still. 
 
But I love to walk the beach.  I love listening to thundering sounds of the waves as they crash and feel the cool mist they create.  So in an effort to beat them both, I've been heading out early in the AM to walk the beach.  And one of my favorite activities while doing this is looking for shells.  I enjoy it so much that its become a sort of self imposed challenge to myself to see what I can find.
 
Here is the view that greeted me yesterday morning.
 
 
Pretty awesome...right? 
 
 
I never get tired of walking the beach and looking for shells. 
As the tide is going out, big piles of shells get left behind. 

 
 And you might want to walk right past without looking but you'd be
missing out.  Because you never know what you'll find.
 
 
Here are my finds from yesterday...the Guess sunglasses included.
 
 
 
And here are today's finds...including the $2. 
 
 
 
I can't wait to see what I find tomorrow.
 
  
P.S.  I'm still learning what many of them are so if you ask me,
I probably won't have an answer for you.

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a variety of style and colour!

Gretchen said...

Beautiful shells. I love finding sea glass. The dollars were an extra bonus!! I do not miss the humidity in GA one bit. Not at all. Santa Fe has a breeze most days too so that makes it nice in the afternoons.

Sue said...

Love walking the beach looking for Sea Glass & Sea Shells. You are so lucky to be able to walk the beach each morning !

Dora, the Quilter said...

Beautiful!

Me and My Stitches said...

I was just in Florida last week, and you are right - too hot and humid! But we still had a good time. Your finds are really beautiful and how nice to be able to take a walk on the beach whenever you feel like it! The good news - when it's too hot and humid, I guess you will have to just stay inside and quilt!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How fun!! I have our small bathroom decorated in shells we have picked up here and there.. but none are that colorful! Happy weekend!

Catherine said...

I live in Boynton Beach and I don't ever see that many shells in one place. Good for you!

BTW....LOVE your blog, just found it, lucky me. ; )

liniecat said...

beach combing is so relaxing, but Ive never yet found money on my sandy travels!!