Last week while attending a small quilt show in Fort Worth, I had the pleasure of seeing The Supper Quilt. I had heard about it many times so when I heard it was going to be nearby I jumped at the chance to see it. It has to be the most amazing quilt I've ever viewed. Here are a few details about the quilt...
- 183" x 67"
- 51,816 pieces - 1/2" FINISHED
- Over 350 fabrics were used.
- Made by Don Locke, DDS of Waxahachie, TX
- This was Don's SECOND quilt EVER!
- It took Don two and a half years to complete.
- The Supper Quilt has traveled to 34 US states and 6 countries...most recently Ireland.
For information on where Don's quilt will be next (or to book
your own visit) you can visit his website The Supper.