Friday, March 12, 2010

Eye Candy!!!

What a GREAT day!  Today DH and I attended a fantastic quilt show.  There were quilts and booths galore.  And being the generous person that I am (*wink*), I took pictures to share.  So let's get started.

This quilt was stunning.  The crummy picture I took doesn't do it justice.  The light pink is all colored in with crayon.  And the quilting?  Insanely beautiful.


This next quilt was one of my favorites.  For some reason I just love the beige and grey together.  And the applique is awesome.  The components are amazingly easy but put together in the way they are, makes it look complicated...in a good way.


This next quilt was made as a memorial to the woman's cat that died at the old age of 16.  While I don't understand why someone would make a memorial quilt for their cat, I don't know but its still a very pretty quilt.


My husband is a fan of wholecloth quilts.  So I had to take a picture of this one.  The maker said that it was inspired by a Harry Potter sketch JK Rowling had done.


This small quilt was really cool!  I took two photos to show you the 3-D effects on it.  This isn't just a quilt.  It's art!


A few more favorites...




This next quilt boggles my mind.  It couldn't have been more than 14" square.  The quiltmaker shared that the floating stars were 1 1/4" in size.  If I ever blog that I want to do a miniature...someone smack me!


This was a really fun quilt!  And because it was double sided, of course I had to both sides to you.


Another of my personal favorites.  I WANT to make this quilt.  The diamonds in the stars were so small and delicate looking...just gorgeous!


This next quilt is fantastic!  Each block was hand embroidered and bedazzled to death.  DH didn't like it which surpised me since he likes brights and I loved it when I'm not really a brights girl.  It's inspired to me to by a Spirograph to see what I can come up with.


And finally...the Best of Show!  This quilt was amazing.  Unfortunately this picture was the best I could get.  You wouldn't believe the work put into this quilt.  It was all hand applique and had berries appliqued on it that couldn't have been bigger than 3/8"...boggles my little brain.


Well I hope you enjoyed your tour through some of the quilt at Dallas' show.  I'll try to post a few more tomorrow.

No comments: