Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cookies...anyone?!

Yesterday I spent the morning baking. I came across a white chocolate macadamia nut recipe months ago and I have been slowly tweaking it to my own tastes. While my husband loves macadamia nuts, we DO live in Texas. And in the south its all about the pecan. So I replaced the macadamias with pecans and added a few other ingredients. I think they are probably the second best thing I make that my husband loves (after my Dulce de Leche Gelatto).

So here is my recipe for what I call White Chocolate Pecan Delights.

4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 eggs
2 cups softened butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla (I like using Double Strength Vanilla for a really strong flavor)
1 teaspoon salt
1 - 10 oz package white chocolate chips
1 - 10 oz package toffee bits
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut

1. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat butter, sugars, and egg until fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients.
3. Stir in chips, toffee bits, nuts, and coconut.
4. Chill dough for an hour or two till the dough firms up.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
6. Drop dough onto cookies sheets lined with parchment paper using a small scooper (2 Tbsp size).
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. (I find it takes 10 minutes but ovens will vary)

Recipe is a double batch and makes several dozen cookies.

No comments: