Sunday, September 5, 2010

Crocheting...oh how I've missed you!

Do you ever go back to doing something you haven't done in years and in the process remember why you loved it so much?  A couple months back Julie of Julie's Place blogged about her new wool yarn and African flower hexies.  The colors and the pattern were so wonderful and inspiring that I decided that it'd be nice to pick yp a needle and yarn again to do some crocheting.

So over the next few weeks I bought a few different yarns but I'd get them home and couldn't decide out what I wanted to do with them.  I'd pretty much given up the idea of doing any crocheting again when then this Friday I found myself in the yarn section of JoAnn's and they were having a SALE...buy one get one half off...sounds good to me.  After browsing through the selection I settled on five skeins of Lion Brand Cotton Ease that I absolutely fell in love with.  You know that moment...when you see something and you immediately know it was made just for you!  And here is what I have so far...



Hexies in very Fig Tree colors!  I know it's not much but I only started yesterday evening.  I've made eight so far and haven't a clue what I'm making...maybe a shawl or a small throw?  I'll probably keep going till I run out of yarn and then go from there. 

In quilting news...for retreat I had cut out all the neccessities to make the braid quilt from Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders book.  This is how much I completed at retreat.


I know...PATHETIC!  I am excited to report that since retreat I have
completed 14 out of 18 rows needed. 


When the quilt is completed it will measure 108x98!  I keep telling myself that I'm done with making king size quilts and here I am doing it again...sigh.  I'm also still working on and making progress on Ms. Crocket (no photo to share).  I hope to have it completed by the end of September.

Till next time...happy quilting to y'all!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Well, there you are - I've missed you.

Wow, your crocheted hexies are fabulous, Monica! I've resisted the urge to crochet - LOL

Your KING SIZED quilt is going to be beautiful.

Kaaren said...

Boo hoo! I don't know how to crochet and I'm just loving the hexies and the colors. I'm sooooo jealous. It looks like something relaxing to do in the evenings. No rush and very portable.

Did I mention that I'm soooo jealous? *wink*

Love your braided quilt too. I've always wanted to try to make one. I'll add that to my "some day" list.

Julia said...

Wow, your crocheted hexies are great, Monica, so glad you decided to crochet again..nice and relaxing.
Did you say KING size...my goodness that is big...it will be gorgeous!
Julia ♥

Karen said...

I've been wanting to make Bonnie's braid quilt pattern. Your colors look good. Was it easy to sew?

call me crazy said...

LOL I had a miss the hook moment this past weekend and bought yarn! I'll have to post what I'm working on. :-)